Sunday, February 23, 2014

Artistic Advancement Post 17

     Hello fellow bloggers! This past week has been a full week off from school. It's been so nice. I didn't do much since a lot of my friends went out of town, but I still had a good time. What I did do was swim. This was the final week of the season, with our division meet on Saturday. We won for the 15th year in a row! I was really happy because I got new best times in both events that I swam, the 200 IM and 100 breaststroke.
     Also this break I got a sketchbook. I was exchanging Christmas gifts (only a few months late, I know) with some friends and they gave me a nice new sketchbook for my 20 time! It's really nice, I used it this week in fact.  
    I already drew a picture of the swimming medal, so I didn't want to do something so similar. I just finished reading The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe so I thought why not draw a raven! 
     Here's the raven I used as a guide:
     Here's my drawing: 
     This was really difficult. Way harder than I expected. It took about 2.5 hours. I started out how I normally do, drawing a rough outline of the figure, but then when I tried to actually do the details, especially the claws, it was really hard. I think it's pretty OK, nothing spectacular, but not awful. 
Until next time, 
Brendan  


2 comments:

  1. I like this one the best. It is comlicated with all the different shades and it is very "in character" with the original.

    ReplyDelete